Malayalam Film and Television Institute
Democratising Cinema Education is one of the main objectives of the Malayalam Film and Television Chamber of Commerce. With an aim to provide quality cinema literacy which is affordable and accessible, MFTC has conceptualized a new initiative namely the Malayalam Film and Television Institute (MFTI). Under MFTI various Short Foundation level courses and Advanced Foundation courses (course duration ranging from 5 days to 4 weeks) are planned to be conducted throughout Keralam and other selected places in association with Film Societies, Panchayats, Muncipalities, Corporations, State Governments, Universities, Colleges, Schools, Education Institutes and others.
Malayalam Film and Television Institute (MFTI) offering various online and offline courses related to film and television subjects. Following are the online courses offered now by MFTI:
1. Basic Orientation Course in Screen Acting (5 days) – 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
2. Basic Film Orientation Course for Children (Age 10 to 17 years) – 5 days – Rs. 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
3. Basic Foundation Course in Screen Writing (5 days) – Rs. 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
4. Basic Foundation Course in Cinema Appreciation (5 days) – Rs. 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
5. Short Film Making Course (5 days) – Rs. 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
6. Basic Foundation Course in Documentary Making (5 days) – Rs. 2,500 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 7,500
7. Basic Foundation Course for Line Producer (5 days) – Rs. 3,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 9,000
8. Basic Foundation Course in Directing Actors (5 days) Rs. 3,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 9,000
9. Basic Foundation Course in Fundamentals of Film Direction (5 days) – Rs. 3,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 9,000
2. Advanced Course in Film Making (24 days) – Rs. 40,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 1,12,000
3. Advanced Course in Documentary Making (10 days) – Rs. 6,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 18,000
4. Advanced Foundation Course in Cinema Appreciation (10 days) Rs. 6,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 30,000
5. Advanced Foundation Course in Acting (24 days) – Rs. 30,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 90,000
6. Advanced Foundation in Screen Writing (15 days) – Rs. 7,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 21,000
7. Advanced Course in Production Manager (24 days) – Rs. 30,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 90,000
8. Advanced Foundation Course in Film Direction (24 days) – Rs. 30,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 30,000
9. Integrated Course for Film Producing (24 days) – Rs. 30,000 – NRI and Foreigner Rs. 90,000
1.1. Each Course will be conducted after receiving sufficient applications only.
1.2. Dates will be intimated to registered candidates well in advance and only afterwards fees will be collected.
1.3. Duration: For basic foundation courses it will range 20 to 25 hours (4 hours to hours per day spread over 05 days) and for the advanced foundation courses and Integrated Course for Film Producing the timings will be decided by the Course Directors and will be intimated to applicants at least one week before the course.
1.4. Timings: Generally from10.30 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm (Indian Standard Time – IST) and in certain cases special timings will be announced for the convenience of applicants in consultation with the Course Directors.
1.5. Max. No. of Participants: 40 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 30 participants is reached) in general basic foundation courses of 5 days. In advanced foundation courses the maximum number of participants is limited to 20 persons. In the case of Integrated Film Producing Course minimum strength of 4 participants is required and maximum participants 6.
1.6. Age: 18 years and above as on 01st November. 2021 (participants born on or before November, 2003). In the case of Film Orientation Course for Children the age is from 10 to 17 years and Educational Qualification minimum fifth standard level.
1.7. Educational Qualification: Plus Two (12th pass). In exceptional cases, 10th pass may be considered.
1.8. Online Platform: Mainly Google Meet platform and if there is any change that will be intimated and guided well in advance.
1.9. Medium of Instructions: Malayalam and English
1.10. Per Participant Course Fee:
(a) The fee structure is separate for resident Indian Nationals which is given against each course.
(b) The fee structure for Foreigners including NRI, OCI etc. and also those Indian Nationals who are presently staying outside India are different and mentioned against each courses.
(c) A registration fee of Rs. 500 for basic foundation courses of 5 days duration and Rs. 1,000 for Advanced Basic Foundation courses of 10 days and longer period to be paid while applying.
(d) After receiving the selection intimation mail, the participant must pay the entire course fee within the stipulated time limit failing which the selection will get automatically cancelled.
(e) The course fee and registration fee once paid shall be non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-adjustable, etc. under any circumstances. Course fee of all the non–selected participants will be returned within 07 – 10 days of the course commencement.
1.11. Mode of payment: Only through net banking to Federal Bank Account (along with application form).
1.12. Due date & time to submit application: Any date from1st November, 2021 onwards.
1.13. Selection Criteria: On First – Come – First – Served Basis. List of selected participants will be published on our website and selection emails will also be sent to all the selected participants.
1.14. Online platform: MFTI will be using “Google Meet” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class will be shared with each selected participant in the selection email.
1.15. Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate. In the case of younger children, parent / guardian guided participation allowed.
1.16. MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Since the course is online, participants must have following facility:
(I) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later.
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Compatible good quality headphones/ earphones with mic.
(v) Compatible HD webcam.
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
(vii)Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari. Use of Mobile Phone (in place of Laptop or Desktop Computer) to attend the classes is strictly prohibited. Such participants will not be allowed to join the classes.
1.17. How to apply: Simply fill up the online form showing your interest in MFTI Online course and submit it. Your application will be reviewed by the Selection Panel and an email intimation will be sent to you in the registered email id. If you are selected, the email notification will clearly state that the entire course fee should be paid within a time limit. For Film Orientation Course for Children, their parents / guardian can apply on their behalf.
1.18. Communication with participants: All communications with the participants will be carried out generally through email only. List of shortlisted participants may be published on MFTC website.
1.19. Certificates: All participants would be given participation e-certificates on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
1.20. Queries: For any queries please contact: email@example.com